In this article, we will explore the differences between articulating boom lifts and telescopic boom lifts. First up, we take a look at the articulating boom. Let’s get right to it!
Articulating Booms Lifts
Articulating booms are aerial work platforms with multiple boom sections that hinge — or “articulate” — allowing the operator to gain access to work areas over obstacles and barriers. These versatile machines are perfect for tight access and hard-to-reach areas.
Articulating Boom Lift Details
- Great for confined work areas.
- Very maneuverable – good for moving over obstacles.
- Good for working indoors.
- Two functioning joints add working length to this vehicle.
- Can be positioned in a variety of ways.
Telescopic Boom Lifts
A telescopic boom is a forklift with superpowers. If you cross bred a small crane, with a forklift, you would get a telescopic boom. These machines look a lot like a forklift, but they have booms attached to them that can extend out and up.
Telescopic Boom Details
- Capable of performing many jobs.
- Good for smaller job sites.
- Ideal for working from a distance.
- Telescopic booms are useful to have if you are in an industry where you work on roofs, or need materials to be lifted to high positions like when you are stacking items.
- Great for increasing your speed and rate of production.
- Good for working on rough terrain.